Another new segment on this blog is CW Recipes. From time to time, I will be uploading recipes that I have personally tried in my kitchen.
If you know me well, this is already an achievement as I am a certified UNdomestic goddess. I am basically useless in the kitchen–a walking disaster, if I may add. So, whipping up anything edible is quite an achievement.
- 2 pcs Sarangani Bay Prime Cream Dory or Pangasius Fillet (500gm) or Pangasius
- 1 pc of Egg
- Japanese Bread Crumbs
- Black Pepper Coarse Ground
- Spanish Paprika
- Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Canola Oil
- Thaw and wash the dory fillet.
- Allow the fillet to stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Dip the fillet in a bowl of egg, season with salt and pepper.
- After coating the fish with egg, transfer to the second bowl and coat it with Japanese bread crumbs, cornstarch and paprika mixture.
- Press the fillet onto the mixture to ensure even coating of breading. Add more pepper as desired.
- After fully coating all the fillet, place neatly on a clean plate/tray. Add more paprika as desired.
Now you are ready to cook!
- Heat the cooking oil on medium-low heat. Once it is ready, set it to low heat.
- Deep fry until the breading is golden in color. Fish cooks easily so you have to be careful in leaving it in for a long time. TIP: It is more delicious when the meat is soft while the outer later is crispy.
- Place the cooked fish onto a strainer or over some paper towels to remove excess oil.
Prepare the dip!
- Put some Japanese mayo in a sauce bowl.
- Add 1/2 tbsp minced garlic and mix the ingredients then chill before serving.
Try it at home and let me know how much you loved it!
Let me know what you think through the comment box below. Follow me on Twitter for more day to day updates.