Happy new year! January went by so fast that it’s only now I had the time to pen another recipe for you all. I’m sharing another quick pasta recipe that’s great for my vegan subscribers–say hello to my Cherry Tomato Garlic Vegan Pasta.
Holding this size of white onion has been a status symbol in the Philippines. What used to be $3/kg is now $10/kg for a bag of onions. So this dish is a bit special for today.? Also, we have an abundance of cherry tomatoes from our last trip to Tagaytay market where I did a little plantita shopping. I’ve also been keeping my hands full this year with some gardening. I will have to save that for another blog post.
So, anyway, this recipe is a bit easy. If you’ve tried any of my previous pasta dishes, I’m sure you’d easily wing this!
When cooking pasta dishes, I usually stick to oil or wine-based. So this is no different. So here are what’s needed:
- 500g organic pasta
- 1/2 cup or 120ml Olive Oil
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped up white onions
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Nutritional Yeast or nooch (as much as you need as cheese replacement!)
- OPTIONAL: Vegetable stock powder
Get your aprons ready and let’s go!
- Cook your pasta separately for 5-7 mins. Or read the label on the ideal time and stick to that. Make sure to go a minute less than the maximum allotted time as you will be sautéing the pasta along with the garlic and tomatoes later on. Keep the pasta water for later use.
- OPTIONAL: I add a 1/2 tbsp Veggie Stock powder to the water cooking the pasta to add more flavor to the pasta noodles
- Get a separate wok and set your stove to medium heat. Sauté the garlic in olive oil. Add in your chopped up white onions and half of the chopped cherry tomatoes. Do this for about 3 mins. I like leaving a half of my fresh cherry tomatoes as toppings later on.
- Add the pasta noodles in the wok along with the vegetable garnishing. Add 4-5 tablespoons of pasta water until the pasta is al dente. Keep tossing and stirring. Add more tablespoons of pasta water until you’ve achieved your perfect pasta texture.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nooch before serving.
And that’s it! Super simple to prepare and really yum! 🙂